- Go to the refrigerated section of your grocery store
- Purchase a tube of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
- Preheat oven according to directions
- Place chunks of dough on cookie sheets (I spray lightly with oil even though it says not to)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Destroy wrapper and receipt from store before family discovers the cookies are not made from scratch.
That last instruction is very important if you want to save yourself years of teasing.
I do on occasion spruce up the recipe by rolling the chunks of dough in chopped macadamia nuts or chopped pecans.
Hey, if they hadn't found the wrapper they never would have known I didn't spend all that time measuring and mixing and baking their favorite cookie.
I'm not the only one who appreciates a good shortcut, am I?