Ivory Soap bars, some holiday designed napkins, and a little parafin can make beautiful decorative bars of soap for the bathroom and make lovely hostess gifts as well.
- Find napkins that have some small decorative designs you can cut out that fit the size of the top of the Ivory Soap bar.
- Melt some parafin in a small shallow aluminum disposable baking pan. You can do this by placing the aluminum pan in a larger pan of water on low heat on the stove.
- Using only one layer of the napkin (some have several layers of paper), place the cutout on top of a slightly damp soap bar. It should stick but if it doesn't, you can brush on a bit of the melted parafin to help it stick.
- Carefully holding the edges of the bar of soap, dip the bar design side down into the paraffin just far enough to coat the design and about 1/2 the edge of the bar of soap.
- Dry design side up on a piece of wax paper.
- When thoroughly set, wrap in colorful cellophane paper for gifts.
- You'll find that the bars of soap last longer as well with the wax coating.
- Post by Karen Robbins