Saturday, December 11, 2021

Merry Christmas To All


 Here is my new angel on the top of my tree, photographed today. My old angel is retired and has a place on the fireplace mantel. I fancy I see a sweet smile on the face of this angel. Do you?

Here is a poem from "Voices in the Mist" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, quoted in our "A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts: Stories to Warm Your Heart and Tips to Simplify Your Holiday" book:

The time draws near the birth of Christ:
The moon is hid; the night is still;
The Christmas bells from hill to hill
Answer each other in the mist.

Four voices of four hamlets round,
From far and near, on mead and moor,
Swell out and fail, as if a door
Were shut between me and the sound:

Each voice four changes on the wind,
That now dilate, and now decrease,
Peace and goodwill, goodwill and peace,
Peace and goodwill to all mankind.


This post was written by co-author Terra Hangen with the intent of spreading Christmas joy

No comments: