Thursday, December 15, 2022

The Christmas Pickle for Your Christmas Tree, A Fun Tradition

 I learned about hanging a pickle sharped ornament in our Christmas tree when I was a child in Wisconsin. I have told lots of people about it since moving to California. 



 The tradition says to hide the pickle ornament in your tree and the first child to find it gets applause or is first to open a present or whatever reward your family chooses. Can you see my pickle ornaments in the first photo? They are rather hidden. This tradition probably began in Germany.

Here is a Scripture to read with family in this Christmas season: "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

This post was written by Terra Hangen today, and I hope you enjoy it and that it encourages Christmas joy in your home.

 

No comments: