Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Secret No Longer

Cathy has asked us all to share about secret gift giving this week. Now how can we do that and still keep it a secret?

Since we relive the joy of Christmas through the wonder and excitement of children, we have in the past tried to make another family's Christmas a little more joyful when we have learned that they've been through tough financial times. Through our pastor or children's director, we have sought out a family in need and provided gift cards for Toys R Us and/or a local grocery store to help them supplement their Christmas celebration.

I share this knowing that the secret may get out but also knowing that there are many other "secret Santas" who gave as well and hopefully it will inspire you if you are able to give to another's Christmas joy this year.

Perhaps there are a few things in the Christmas Gift Basket you might be able to secretly gift to another. Increase your chances of winning that basket by leaving a comment at one of these blogs today:

www.denadyer.com
www.cornhuskeracademy.blogspot.com
http://imlivingoutloud.blogspot.com

4 comments:

gracie said...

What a delightful looking book. I can't wait to get a copy!

Unknown said...

Ladies... I love this idea and what a wonderful sounding product you have come up with. I wondered if you would mind if I posted your interview on my blog? I only ask as I really think my readers would love it, not because I am asking to join the Tour in progress. Please let me know.

My blogs are 3 P's Mama Says... and 3 P's in a Pod, accessible via my Blogger account. Feel free to email me at 3girlzmama at gmail dot com.

apple blossom said...

I love to win this basket of secrets and the book looks so delightful.

ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

Mickymar said...

Your idea is a great idea for the little ones. There are so many that do not get hardly anything at all for the holidays. As for your book...I look forward to buying one! The book is a book I wouldnt mind having on my coffee table year round.