- Find some nice fleece and purchase a piece as long as you want your scarves to be--at least one yard up to two yards.
- Cut a length of fleece as wide as you would like your scarf to be--10-16". You may want to trim off the selvaged edge.
- Decide how long you would like the fringe to be (5-8") and begin to cut 1/2" wide strips in each end of the scarf. To make this easier for kids, you may want to purchase a pen with disappearing ink (available at fabric stores) and mark the lines for them to cut.
- For added fringing, I take bright colored yarn and tie strips to each piece of fleece fringe.
- You can also add beads to the fringe or know the fringe near the scarf to add to the design.
Fleece is usually 50-60 inches wide so there is enough to make 4-5 scarves. Make some for gifts and keep one for yourself!
Have you made any other fleece projects?