• Use egg cartons to hold small, breakable ornaments.
• Wrap lights around paper towel tubes—and store extension cords inside.
• Stubs wads of used wrapping paper in the loops of large (expensive) bows you’d like to keep to help them maintain their shape.
• Store bows and ribbon in plastic (crush-proof) containers.
• Label everything carefully, so that you can pick and choose what to get out next year!
• Keep a running list (on the computer) of who received what to avoid duplicating gifts next year.