Friday, August 8, 2008

Dream Pillow Gift for Friend

I made a “dream pillow” for a friend. It was fun to make and she was delighted with it. You can make a dainty pillow, or, as I did, buy one. I bought a white cotton lace pillow, about twelve inches across, and with a two inch by three inch piece of material, I sewed by hand a pocket on the back of the pillow, leaving one of the four sides unsewn.

Then I took small pieces of paper and wrote words on them, like “joy”, “sweet dreams”, “healing” and favorite Scripture like “love one another as I have loved you”. Create about ten of these good wish papers, and tell your friend to place one in the dream pillow pocket in the evening. Give her some extra blank papers so she can create her own dreams. You don’t need to stick to a white cotton lace pillow; if a heart shaped pink pillow or a yellow floral design suits your friend, pick that for your friend's dream pillow. This can be a very inexpensive gift, if you are a bargain hunter like me, and find a pillow on sale.

3 comments:

Cathy Messecar said...

Lovely idea. I've never heard of this before. This could really bolster someone's spirits if they were going through a difficutl time during the holidays.

Christine said...

another way I have seen the dream pillow is to put lavender scent in it to induce calmness. I want to make one of these. They sound really relaxing.

Brenda Nixon said...

I like this idea. Christine, your lavender scented on is good, too. I have lavender growing in my garden so it'd be easy for me to gather the spent flowers that give off such a wonderful fragrance and put them into the pillow.