Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Favorite "Stress-less" Cookie Recipe

Okay, so when my family heard our book was going to have lots of cookie recipes in it they all chimed in and asked if I was sharing mine. Of course that was after they stopped laughing. You see my best chocolate chip cookie recipe is this:

  • Go to the refrigerated section of your grocery store

  • Purchase a tube of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie dough

  • Preheat oven according to directions

  • Place chunks of dough on cookie sheets (I spray lightly with oil even though it says not to)

  • Bake for 12-15 minutes

  • Destroy wrapper and receipt from store before family discovers the cookies are not made from scratch.

That last instruction is very important if you want to save yourself years of teasing.

I do on occasion spruce up the recipe by rolling the chunks of dough in chopped macadamia nuts or chopped pecans.

Hey, if they hadn't found the wrapper they never would have known I didn't spend all that time measuring and mixing and baking their favorite cookie.

I'm not the only one who appreciates a good shortcut, am I?

3 comments:

Cathy Messecar said...

I read this while eating breakfast: a Tablespoon of peanut butter dipped into marshmallow creme. I love shortcuts....Cathy

Lori said...

For some reason my homemade chocolate chip cookies NEVER turned out right. I finally gave up a couple years ago and now only make them the same way you do. They taste good and I'm always certain of the end result.

jceko77 said...

This is a great shortcut, especially on a crazy night like Christmas Eve:)
jceko77@yahoo.com