Friday, January 23, 2009

Losing Weight the Easy Way

This week we are posting about tips on losing weight, and after Christmas at my annual doctor appointment I learned I lost 5 pounds in the past twelve months.
I did this in an easy way; a year ago I changed to eating more healthy whole grain carbs and limiting refined carbs.
My favorite bread now is Health Nut; it is whole wheat and nuts and delicious.
Instead of the usual snack crackers and pretzels I buy Ry Krisp crackers and other whole grain crackers.
Every day for breakfast I have oatmeal or Shredded Wheat. I have read that oatmeal helps lower cholesterol, a side benefit.
The oatmeal is easy to fix. I buy Quaker Oats quick one minute oatmeal, put 1/2 cup in a bowl with 1 cup of milk and cook it in the microwave for 1 and 1/2 minutes, stir it and cook for 30 seconds more.
Add craisins, raisins, brown sugar, a dollop of light whip cream, or anything you like for a yummy breakfast.
So that turned out to be an enjoyable way to lose five pounds.
Do you have any tips to share?

No comments: