Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello from Terra Hangen



Hi, I am Terra Hangen, co-author of Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts and it is my turn to introduce myself. I am very happy that we six writers met online in 2004, and undertook our odyssey of writing this Christmas book together.

I was raised in Wisconsin, and now live in California, with my dear husband of 36 years, and our two adult sons living in the same town, I am joyful to report. My cats want to mentioned here. I can't imagine writing, reading or gardening without a cat nearby.

I have a B.A. in Art History and a Masters Degree in Library Science, which helps me research topics and get my facts right! One year of college I spent in Istanbul, Turkey, one of the world's most beautiful cities, and what fabulous recipes I learned there.

I went to Jerusalem at Easter that year, on the Way of the Cross, and also to Baalbek and Petra. The Holy Lands are scarcely describable and left a profound impression on me. In Jerusalem I was blessed to walk the same paths and cobblestones that Jesus walked 2,000 years ago.

I am published regularly in dozens of magazines, including Country Woman, Hobby Farms, Victorian Homes, Lutheran Digest, Vibrant Life, Mature Living, Back Home, San Diego Family, etc., and have a garden column online each month at www.positivelyfeminine.org

Please head on over to my blog at www.terragarden.blogspot.com and say hi; I would love to meet you. I visit the blogs of everyone who leaves a comment on my blog. Main topics on my blog range from gardens, to cats, to my journey as a Christian author, and book reviews and book giveaways. My work in progress is a gardening book that includes Scripture.

4 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

One more post and we will have officially linked hands here at our new blog. Looking forward to this new venture with the WQs as well.

Cathy Messecar said...

Terra,

Karen probably has the top spot as world traveler, then you have a fine ranking, too.

So ......how many cats do you have?

TAILS of TANKENE said...

I just love all the Christmas tips. It would be great fun to do each holiday through the year and use the clear blocks. Pink lights for Valentine's Day, red, white, and blue for Independence Day.If you are like me a good way to show off the cute little hearts I've collected or flags and stars for the 4th.

Cathy Messecar said...

Clever idea to use all cear andchangeoutdcolors of lights to suit the holiday. Or what about an extra addition to the table-scape for birthdays and wedding showers and baby showers. Oh. Creativity is flowing.

Cathy