Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nixon Christmas Habit?

"Jingle bells, Batman smells!" Our family (my husband, daughters, and I) have many fun family holiday habits. One is to ride around town looking for the house with the prettiest outdoor decorations. But, gas being what it is, that is a habit we may break.
Our other habit is watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I'm singing the ditty of Christmas Vacation right now. We have watched this movie, starring Chevy Chase, so many times we literally have the lines memorized and throw them around at each other during all times of the year.

So, Margo, tell me what you do every Christmas as a family.
by Brenda Nixon

4 comments:

Cathy Messecar said...

Brenda, we have our favorite holiday movies, too. I guess ours is "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB gun wish. And, of course "It's A Wonderful Life."

Aren't one-liners fun in families? We'vegotsome we toss around also, some from movies, some from grandma and some of our very own...Cathy

Wandering Writer said...

My daughters-in-law have to put up with our boys spouting lines from Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and The Karate Kid (not Christmas related but memorized all the same). For Christmas one year my husband's employees bought him a leg lamp. It gets put in our front window every year. Thankfully, we have a big front porch and blinds so I don't think too many neighbors have seen it.

Christine said...

Every Christmas we bust out the christmas movies. The kids like to watch the Christmas story and I have the classic collection of christmas movies, like rudolph the red nosed reindeer, frosty the snowman, and a couple of other ones. I of course wait for the kids to go to bed, pop some popcorn and watch chevy chase christmas movie.

Brenda Nixon said...

Ahhh yes, Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB gun are also one of our fun family favorites. My tongue hurts when that kid gets his stuck to the outdoor pole during recess.
Karen, that leg lamp is a hoot. Where in the world did your husband's employees find one?
Thanks for reading and sharing, Christine!