Saturday, November 21, 2009

Treasured Dress Up Clothes

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite things to do was dress up. I remember one particular "bride's dress" that was made by draping a set of sheer curtains my mother was done with around my waist and over my head. There's something about dressing up that tickles most every kid.

With that in mind one year, I put together quite an ensemble for my young nieces. At a resale shop in our area, I found several fancy dresses, some white gloves, evening bags, high heels, and a couple of hats as well as some very cheap jewelry to assessorize the outfits. At the local K-Mart, I found two very inexpensive wigs--probably left over from Halloween. It all fit into one of those cardboard storage boxes you assemble.

They were delighted and played for quite a few years with those things. Alas, as all little girls do, they grew up and discovered their own fashion statements and put aside the childhood dress up fantasies.

No comments: