Monday, August 3, 2009

Money Saving Tips



This week the Word Quilters will share a few money saving tips for this holiday season.

My hint is simple, but it's something I do every year about this time. I think of all the dishes, cookies, and trimmings that I might serve over the holidays, I check my pantry for any canned goods I need to use up or recycle, and then I make up a tentative menu for Thanksgiving through the New Year's gathering.

When I go to the grocery store, I pick up one or two items for my freezer or pantry that will be needed for the holidays. By mid-November, my pantry is stocked and I don't have to be concerned about spending extra money for staples during the six weeks leading up to New Years Day. Those quick trips to the store can be for fresh items, and then I'm not so tempted to buy all the display baking stuff. I've inventoried and know I'm ready for the holidays.

No comments: